A serious injury can easily derail a person’s life. We know how to fight for our clients and win. Our goal is to secure the compensation you need to help rebuild your life.
Contact us to learn more.
Defective And Dangerous Products
Manufacturers have a responsibility to ensure the safety of the goods they bring to market. When people are harmed by manufactured goods, the type of situation falls into one of three categories:
- Design defects – When the design of a product is faulty for its intended purposes, this is called a design defect. All individual instances of that manufactured good will be defective.
- Manufacturing defects – When a particular batch of a product is faulty, this is a manufacturing defect. The possibility for harm is limited to that particular run of manufacturing, not every instance of the product on the market.
- Failure to warn – Some products have ways that consumers may use them that are especially dangerous. When the manufacturer can foresee that unintended use and the risk potential, it has a responsibility to warn users of that risk.
Our firm assists those who have been injured by defective and dangerous products such as:
- Defective drugs – The responsibility drug manufacturers have to prevent a dangerous drug from reaching the market includes a number of concerns such as adverse interactions with other medicines, the effects of long term use and side effects.
- Defective medical devices – Medical devices, especially implanted devices, can present a real danger to individuals. Even with extensive testing, a medical device may cause harm that should have been foreseeable.
Trial Lawyer Serving Those Injured By Defective Products
At the Barnes Trial Group, our firm has the resources, skill and experience necessary to fight and win for our clients when they have been injured by defective and dangerous products. These cases are complex and call for an ability to discern essential evidence from what may be a vast trove of business records. Our experience allows us to focus in on the most important evidence to help us build strategies that secure the best possible outcomes for our clients.
Attorney Stephen Barnes brings more than 20 years of personal injury experience to the table for our clients. His extensive trial experience has helped him build a record of success that includes, receiving an AV Preeminent* rating from Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating system and being selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers every year since 2008. He was also one of the youngest attorneys in Florida to be board-certified in civil trial law in Florida at age 33.
Products Liability Attorneys Serving Tampa And The Surrounding Areas
If you or someone you love was injured by a defective or dangerous product, turn to the Barnes Trial Group for the help you need. To schedule a free initial consultation, call 813-251-0777 or contact us online.